Saturday, September 1, 2012

Ready to Roll 2012

Labor Day Weekend and Maddie begins her senior year and last season of volleyball. The teams have been set, the girls are practicing daily and it's GO TIME. Things kick off on Tuesday at The 3A Jamboree at Juanita HS. I have not attended any practices this year but I walked to the gym on Friday at 3:55 and Maddie and S were already taking passes from the coach (ex-setter) and doing their setting drills. I wandered up next to her and just a look told me that she wasn't there to talk; she was at work. Things seem different this year. We have 9 seniors on this team and, 3 transfers, a freshman, 3 Maddie's, 2 Sara's, and 2 sets of sisters, one of them twins. And Maddie seems all business. I would have never seen practice already underway at 3:55 in her last several years. I think we have a couple of things going for us: those 9 seniors, a core group that has been together since last year, a new coach, and it seems, new spirit. Looking forward to next week! Here's to all of your girls beginning their seasons. Get your serves over!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add some stories of your own!